The GDN-Campbell Collaboration programme in New Delhi seeks an Evidence Synthesis Specialist to lead and support the production of commissioned evidence synthesis studies.
The Campbell Collaboration promotes positive social and economic change through the production and use of systematic reviews and other evidence synthesis for evidence-based policy and practice. Campbell manages the production and promotion of evidence syntheses of social and economic policies and programmes in both developed and developing countries.
The Campbell Collaboration is registered as a non-governmental organisation in the United States with a small secretariat based in Oslo and New Delhi supporting an international network of researchers. The office in New Delhi also serves as the regional office, Campbell South Asia (CSA). It operates as a programme of the Global Development Network (GDN) in New Delhi, India.
Scope of work
The GDN-Campbell programme seeks an Evidence Synthesis Specialist to serve in its office in New Delhi, India. The Evidence Synthesis Specialist will:
- be a team member for evidence synthesis projects carried out by Campbell/GDN Systematic Reviews Programme
- lead selected evidence synthesis projects carried out by Campbell/GDN Systematic Reviews Programme
- join teams conducting primary studies on a secondment basis
- plan and support Campbell training sessions, in collaboration with the Director of CSA, Campbell Editor in Chief and the Co-chairs of the Training Coordinating Group
- participate in discussion of new research areas for the organisation and its partners
- identify funding opportunities for evidence synthesis projects
- participate in fundraising and funder-related activities including assistance in the drafting of proposals
- take part in the implementation of programmes, notably through the drafting of requests for proposals, the reviewing of submissions, conceptualising and conducting training workshops, and organisation of mentoring services for study teams if required
- provide support for annual meetings and other high-profile events: assist with programme development, networking and summarising key messages
- contribute to policy outreach and the dissemination of Campbell research outputs: participate in various policy workshops, contribute to the synthesis and publication of research conducted by Campbell and its grantees, contribute to the Campbell blog
- liaise with other offices as appropriate
- carry out miscellaneous tasks as requested by the Director CSA, as necessary to accomplish the goals of Campbell.
Line management and responsibilities
The Evidence Synthesis Specialist will report to the Director of Campbell South Asia and work closely with other staff on the GDN/Campbell programme.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree, at least five years post-qualification experience in a relevant position and strong proficiency in English. A PhD in a relevant discipline is an advantage.
Candidates should be available to start as soon as possible. Candidates located in New Delhi are preferred, but candidates living elsewhere in South Asia will also be considered. The office is currently based on a home-working model, so candidates must have a suitable home environment for this to be possible. The appointment is for two years, and renewable thereafter.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest.