We are an independent philanthropic organisation, headquartered in London with offices in Nairobi and New Delhi. We work with a wide range of partners seeking to transform the lives of poor and vulnerable children in developing countries. This involves supporting bold ideas to solve seemingly intractable challenges for children.
We know that the returns on smart investments in children’s early development are very high. So we aim to play a catalytic role as a funder and influencer to deliver urgent and lasting change at scale. Areas of work include children and mothers’ health and nutrition, children’s education, deworming and welfare, and smart ways to slow down and stop climate change.
We place significant emphasis on quality data and evidence. For most of our grants, we work with partners to measure and evaluate progress to achieve large scale and sustainable impact. We are committed to sharing as much information as possible about what we and our partners are learning.
Founded in 2004, CIFF employs approximately 80 professionals in England, Africa and India. CIFF strives to couple business acumen and principles with development experience and best practices to transform the landscape for children. It seeks to be the gold standard in grant making and foundation operations.
Job Title Analyst/Manager, Evidence Measurement & Evaluation (Climate) Reports to Director, Evidence Measurement & Evaluation (Climate) Location London, with travel.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to join CIFF and help shape and drive evidence, measurement and evaluation within its Climate portfolio. The EME Manager will be a member of the EME team and be responsive to the priorities of the Climate team. The role of the EME Manager is to ensure that CIFF’s investments are informed by a robust evidence base, are designed to achieve tangible impact consistent with CIFF’s vision and have effective measurement and evaluation systems.
Based in the CIFF office in London, this position involves significant travel. Thrive within a fast paced, creative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Before making new investments, ensuring that CIFF conducts robust appraisals of the evidence base, cost-effectiveness and impact potential of any investment and sets up a rigorous measurement and evaluation framework
- Throughout the lifecycle of investments, ensuring timely and relevant monitoring and evaluation data is available and is proactively used by partners and CIFF to make adjustments and course-corrections
- Developing cutting edge approaches to monitor and evaluate the impact of CIFF’s Climate investments
- Sourcing, hiring and managing external evaluation and operational research organisations to effectively monitor and evaluate the investments and strategies
- Representing CIFF and managing relationships with our implementation and evaluation partners (organisations and consultants) in a supportive and pragmatic way
- Driving effective dissemination of evidence and data, where findings from CIFF investments are used to influence regional and global policy and practice
- Ensuring that CIFF stays current with best practice in EME modalities and developments within its portfolio areas
- Grant administration and management, including approvals and processing of financial requests and progress reports
Qualifications and experience
- Established track record in the measurement and evaluation of climate mitigation programmes
- Experience of shaping and applying advocacy and policy change measurement approaches
- Proven understanding of climate change, clean energy, air quality, urban planning, and/or land use
- Demonstrable expertise in commissioning and managing evaluations, understanding data and leveraging evidence, communicating evaluation findings, including difficult findings, to support uptake
- Demonstrable experience of working and influencing at senior levels, especially in the use of evidence to impact policy level decisions
- Relevant Masters or PhD qualification
- Work experience in China, Indian, Brazil and/or Mexico preferred
- English and either Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish speakers preferred
Thrive within a fast paced, creative and entrepreneurial environment.
For further information, please see CIFF’s website: www.ciff.org
If you are interested in applying, please email a current copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a Covering Letter detailing your current compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org