2nd International Conference of the Collaboration for Environmental Evidence in Paris, April 16-20th 2018
From Knowledge to Environmental Action: Synthesizing Evidence to Inform Decisions
Registration is open now. Learn more here.
Subjects relate to the environment and sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystems (e.g. in agriculture, forestry, fisheries…), and encompass multidisciplinary topics particularly related to human wellbeing, international development and sustainable development goals (e.g. biodiversity and health, green tourism, impact of life-cycles of products, ecotoxicology, impact of biotechnologies, etc.).
The programme includes meta-analysis training sessions and other subjects include challenges to evidence synthesis such as:
- Communicating findings of existing evidence synthesis to decision makers and practitioners
- Engaging with decision-makers and practitioners
- Identifying the need for evidence-synthesis
- Comparing methods for evidence synthesis
- Developing consortia and networks for collaborative evidence-synthesis
- Lessons learned and case studies
- Advancing evidence synthesis methodology
- Developing funding streams for evidence synthesis
SPONSORS: The Collaboration for Environmental Evidence (CEE) , the Foundation for Research on Biodiversity (@FRBiodiv), and the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech.
- Howard White, CEO of the Campbell Collaboration
- Dr. Kevin J. Olival, Vice President for Research at EcoHealth Alliance in New York, USA
- Madeleine McKinnon, Director, Impact and Learning at Paul G. Allen Philanthropies
Special lecturers include:
- JYOTSNA PURI (JO), Head of the Independent Evaluation Unit, Green Climate Fund
- Nick Salafsky, Director of Foundations of Success
For further announcements follow CEE on Twitter @EnvEvidence, join them on LinkedIn (Collaboration for Environmental Evidence) or go to the CEE website www.environmentalevidence.org or go to the Fundation for Research on Biodiversity website www.fondationbiodiversite.fr/en/
Follow developments with RSS feeds