The Social Welfare Coordinating Group (SWCG) produces, maintains, and disseminates systematic reviews in the fields of social care. SWCG provides editorial services and technical support to authors of Campbell reviews. The group:
- identifies topics for systematic reviews
- encourages collaboration in the development and production of systematic reviews
- provides reviewers with advice on planning and executing Campbell systematic reviews
- assures that titles, protocols, and systematic reviews are processed in accordance with Campbell's guidelines
- gives feedback and organizes peer review
- assures that accepted titles, protocols, and reviews meet Campbell standards
- coordinates with related Cochrane groups
Click here to download the SWCG plan of governance.
Any interested party can propose a title for a review, form a review team, and submit a protocol for a Campbell review. The rigorous Campbell peer review process involves obtaining detailed, anonymous critiques from both substantive and methodological experts on submitted titles, protocols, and completed reviews. All completed documents must meet or exceed Campbell standards in order to be approved for publication.
The SWCG is firmly committed to provide authors with the support necessary to complete reviews and will provide or arrange substantial technical assistance for reviewers, especially with respect to information retrieval and statistical methods. We welcome the participation of researchers, students, practitioners, policy makers and service users.
How to get involved
Are you interested in systematic reviews and social welfare issues? The SWCG need your help to:
- identify topics for systematic reviews in social welfare
- develop or join a systematic review team
- join the SWCG editorial board
- identify funding for systematic reviews
SWCG is supported by an international network of scholars, policy makers, practitioners, funders, students, and others who are interested in effective methods to promote social welfare, health, and social justice. Would you like to get in touch with us? Please write to our Managing Editor:
Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Email: [email protected]
Would you like to keep up to date about what's going on in the SWCG? Subscribe to our newsletter.