The Campbell Collaboration is pleased to announce the dates and host city of The Ninth Annual Colloquium of the Campbell Collaboration, organised in association with The Lancet.
Place: Holmenkollen Park Hotel Rica, Oslo, Norway
Date: Monday, 18 May to Wednesday, 20 May, 2009
Better evidence for a better world is the theme of our 2009 Colloquium. This year, we will focus in particular on low and middle income countries. In the global effort against poverty, do we know enough about the effectiveness of measures designed to improve the lives of people in poor countries? Many initiatives strive to improve how people are born, grow, live, work and age in poor countries.
There is an important overlap between social and medical arenas, and interventions often target the same individuals across disciplines. This Colloquium will examine how social and health policies interrelate, bearing in mind the need to systematically build the best possible evidence base for future policies and programmes.
We welcome policy makers, practitioners, researchers, and students from across the world. Campbell is dedicated to broad participation and to enhanced exchange between the various constituencies of people interested in evidence-informed policy. Our shared goal is to generate and apply the best research evidence to support policy and practice, in order to bring about positive social change.
The 2009 Colloquium will feature distinguished keynote speakers from the worlds of policy making, practice, and academic research.
- Expert presentations of recent research on social policy.
- Detailed discussions of the interaction of research, practice and policy
- Workshops designed to enhance technical ability and understanding of systematic reviews and of the scientific methods that underlie them.
- Sessions on the different types of evidence that are used to support policy making and practice.
- Information on Campbell’s vision, objectives, products, and ways of working.
- Information on how to contribute to and participate in the Campbell Collaboration.
- Networking opportunities with policy makers, practitioners, and researchers from across the world.
The Campbell Collaboration seeks submissions related to the theme "Better Evidence for a Better World" from researchers, policy makers, and practitioners in the areas of education, crime and justice, social welfare and public health.
Additional information regarding The Ninth Annual Colloquium of the Campbell Collaboration, to include programme, speakers, registration, exhibitor, and sponsorship details, will be announced soon and posted on this website.
Check back often for new information regarding the 2009 Campbell Colloquium in Oslo.