The following core people are involved in the work of the Social Welfare Coordinating Group.
Nick Huband (UK), email@example.com - for the Campbell Social Welfare Group (SWG)
Geraldine Macdonald (UK), firstname.lastname@example.org - for the Cochrane/Campbell Developmental, Psychosocial, and Learning Problems Group (CDPLPG)
Jane Dennis (UK), email@example.com
Related Review Groups:
- Cochrane/Campbell Developmental, Psychosocial, and Learning Problems Group (CDPLPG)
- Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Group (EPOC)
- Cochrane Public Health Group
- The other Campbell Collaboration Coordinating Groups.
- Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services, Oslo, Norway
- Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research, Bryn Mawr, PA, USA
- North American Resource Center for Child Welfare (NARCCW)
- Institute for the Advancement of Social Work Research (IASWR)
- Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR)
- Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto
- SFI Campbell - The Nordic Campbell Centre (NC2), Copenhagen, Denmark
SWCG Position Roles and Responsibilities
The SWCG has the following positions: Co-chair, Steering Group Representative, Editor, Mangaing Editor, Trial Search Coordinator, Editorial Board. Read more about position roles and responsibilities below.
Co-chairs (minimum of 2) are elected by voting members of the SWCG to three-year terms. Terms will be staggered to insure orderly transitions. Roles and responsibilities of Co-chairs are as follows:
- Responsible for internal governance of the Coordinating group (make sure key roles are filled and others are doing their jobs) consistent with C2 governance policies
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with other organizations and C2 groups
- Disseminate information about the Coordinating group
- Receive all criticisms related to activities of members of the group
- Make final decisions for the group regarding policy and implementation
- Recruit volunteers for group activities, including reviewers, referees, hand searchers, etc.
- Convene group meetings
- Provide pre-publication comments on proposed titles for new reviews
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of content on the C2 SWCG website, including the quality of protocols and reviews
- Formally approve or reject titles, protocols, and reviews after receiving recommendations from the Editor
- May serve as representatives to the C2 Steering Group (limited to 2 reps)
- Represents and informs constituents
- Works with other SG members to set C2 policy, plans, priorities
- Provide substantive comments on titles, protocols, and completed reviews as they are submitted by authors.
- Determine whether draft documents (protocols and reviews) meet C2 guidelines and standards prior to external peer review.
- Request changes from authors and provide authors with detailed editorial recommendations and corrections prior to external review.
- Select external peer reviewers with input from the Co-Chairs and Editorial Board.
- Notify the Managing Editor when documents are ready for external review and review by the C2 Methods Group.
- Make sure the Managing Editor has information and support needed to perform his/her duties.
- Integrate comments from external peer reviewers and methods reviewers into a clear set of changes that need to be addressed by the authors (i.e., write "action letters").
- Evaluate authors' revisions to protocols and reviews and determine if they adequately address the concerns of the external reviewers.
- Submit completed protocol and systematic reviews to the Co-Chairs for final approval prior to publication in The Campbell Collaboration Library.
- Determine whether new titles are appropriate to the group's scope, on advice from the Editor
- Reroute titles that are not in the group's scope, suggesting that authors submit titles to appropriate groups
- Check Cochrane and Campbell Libraries to see whether proposed titles duplicate other work in progress
- Identify titles that are co-registered with other groups (in Cochrane or Campbell) and ask Editors of these groups to decide which group will take primary responsibility for editorial work
- Ensure that titles, protocols, and reviews are processed according to C2 standards
- Send authors' materials (titles, protocols, and reviews) to Editors and Co-chairs for comments
- Send Editors' and Co-chairs' comments to authors
- Support the Editor's efforts to ensure that titles, protocols, and reviews meet the high standards of C2
- Encourage involvement of prospective authors, peer reviewers, and other stakeholders
- Support the Co-chairs in disseminating information about the activities of the Campbell Collaboration and the Coordinating group worldwide
- Maintain a mailing list and database of contacts, including members and affiliates of the group
- Send electronic messages to the group mailing list with prior approval of the Co-chairs
- Advise reviewers in the preparation of titles, protocols, and reviews
- Assist the Editor in identifying new members of review teams, to provide expertise where needed
- Provide authors with information on C2-approved training sessions and materials
- Coordinate the editorial base: facilitate communication between Co-chairs, Editors, authors, trial search coordinators, and others
- Encourage direct communication between parties, including constructive criticism and use of the C2 appeals process when necessary
- Track the procedural status of all titles, protocols, and reviews (except those in CDPLPG)
- Prepare monthly reports on the procedural status of titles, protocols, and reviews
- Monitor and enhance the transparency and efficiency of the editorial process. Identify potential problems and possible solutions, with the Editor and Co-chairs
- Ensure that accurate and current information appears on the C2 SWCG home page
- Route approved documents to the web content manager for posting on C2-Library
- Assist authors with designing search strategies
- Review and critique search strategies in protocols and their description in each review
- Give advice to authors about which databases to search
- Develop search strategies for the different electronic online databases
- Assist authors to run electronic searches (if needed)
- Assist authors to Co-ordinate handsearch activities (if needed)
- Provide Editor with anonymous critiques of protocols and reviews submitted to the SWCG.
- Provide advice to the Editor and Co-chairs on the development of the SWCG and its editorial base.
- Serve as liaison for the SWCG to the C2 Steering Group
- Make final decisions regarding policy and implementation
- Recruit volunteers for SWCG activities, including reviewers, referees, hand searchers, etc.
- Co-Chair SWCG meetings
- Provide pre-publication comments on titles, protocols, and reviews
- Disseminate information about the group
- Receive all criticisms related to activities of members of the SWCG